Oh how time flies...
I can hardly fathom that Kaya is off to kindergarten. The thought of it brings so much joy and excitement, but also a very heavy heart for me. She is my baby. I want her to always be my baby. I know that she will in her own ways, and throughout all stages of life, but this just makes it oh so real to me that my "little" baby girl is VERY grown up! It is incredible watching her grow, and learn, and become this absolutely amazing little girl. The joy she brings to me each and every day is unfathomable to me. I know love. I have an incredible husband, family, and group of friends whom I love with all of my heart! I know that I know love. I never knew the type of love that I feel for Kaya could even exist though. It is beyond the realms of the love I knew before. Being a mother is amazing! It is the absolute most special treasure I have ever been given a chance to hold in my hands. I love that girl immensely and am about to venture into a whole new phase of life with her. I am nervous, yet excited and together we are going to get through it all! She is not nervous at all. I am WAY more anxious about it all than she is. I am pretty sure the adjustment for her is just no big thing. She is always up for anything, and is not shy in the slightest bit, so I guess Miss Independent just thinks she can conquer anything. So... off she goes! Her lunch and backpack are ready to go. School is 8:10-3:15. I am dropping her off and picking her up tomorrow, but after that she will be at before and after school care right in the basement of her school. Big changes await, and we are as ready as we are going to be!
So, to all you fellow friends with school starting this week for your family also, best of luck to all of you! There is a quote from a book I recently read called "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin that reads... "The days are long, but the years are short!" Ain't that the truth my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment