I am sorry for the long lags between posts lately, life has been a little busy and hectic. Facebook is always up to date with current info, but for those not on FB I am super sorry. I am actually quite unsure if anyone reads this anymore, soooo maybe leave me a comment if you do! Ok!? Anyway... to fill you in....
I am now a supervisor at DHS here in Kent Co. I am supervising a staff of 8 caseworkers. My main duties are to keep them meeting their standards for processing, guiding them along the way, dealing with all client concern phone calls, and I also attend all hearings on any disputed actions taken on a case. I have been in the role 2 full weeks already, and so far it is going okay. It is quite a change of pace. I am still very busy, but the busy is totally different now. It is definitely going to be a big change for a while until it seems like the norm.
We also still have not heard from Jer's specialist regarding his most recent CT scan. It gets done locally and then the disc gets mailed to his specialist at Wayne State. We now just have to wait to hear, but both of his tumors had significant growth according to the report. We are unsure what it all means at this point, but are sure anxious to hear something.
Kaya had now lost her 2nd tooth. She also got her hair cut yesterday. She ended up donating it to wigsforkids.com! I am so incredibly proud of her, and she is just thrilled to have a new style! She thinks she is hot stuff! It looks super cute, but she also looks WAY more grown up to me. :( She only has 5 weeks of school left too! We are trying to figure out what we are going to do for summer daycare as well. It is stressful and I am procrastinating bad! ugggghhhh....
We have also accepted an offer on our house. Waiting to hear on results of the inspections right now, and then waiting to get the appraisal scheduled. We have a house in mind, but are also still trying to look as well. We have some time with the date that our buyers want to close so we are trying to take advantage of it. This is all a very stressful process, and we are praying that we make the right decisions and end up where we are meant to be. I feel like our future is a little unknown right now, and it is quite scary.
There is also a lot of drama going on with my Grandma Lilly, my mom, and her siblings right now. No one is speaking to each other, and my Grandma has chosen to not let anyone in on what is going on with her health. I heard she had a stroke but have no idea how she is doing. I am steering clear of the situation for many, many various reasons and am okay with my decision to do so. I have been pushed aside way too many times and have grown to be an amazing adult on my own! I am quite proud of myself and the things I have done, and no way now am I going to let some drama bring me down. I have spoken my peace of the situation and I know that is all I can do.
That is our life in a nut shell right now. Overall we are doing very well, and have lots of blessings to be thankful for! Hopefully soon we may have a new address to report! And... we plan to have space to be able to have people over for dinner comfortably!! We hope everyone is well who may still check in on here! We sure love you!
1 comment:
I love to read your blog, Megan!
I am right there with you with few and far between posts.
xoxo
Jo
Post a Comment